Despite being a roller coaster of a year in terms of the political landscape and natural disasters, 2017 was a banner year for Amy West Travel. I’m so grateful for this incredible journey I’m on with all of you. This brand would not exist if it weren’t for your readership and engagement with my blog, social media, and contributions everywhere else. I always joke that once you discover me, you’ll see me everywhere because my footprints range from this blog to the advertising world and beyond. You might find me on a commercial in Savannah, a billboard on 95 South, or as an author in a hard cover travel book. I pop up all over the place. Read on to discover the highlights from my year including your favorite blogs, social media posts, and how the year sized up by the numbers.
Travel is my obsession, so much so I put it in the name of this brand. Everything I do revolves around it, including the names of my children. As such it makes the most sense to lead out with my travel highlights. 2017 swept me away in a whirlwind of adventure. From a romantic trip in South Beach to a long family trip to California it was epic! I traveled with Four Seasons to the Little Sister of St Kitts, Nevis Island where I covered their annual Sea Turtle Conservation week. Later we were spirited away by Air Unlimited on a private charter to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas. We also made time for a family getaway to the Golden Isles which holds a special place in our hearts, and in between all that we found a way to spend time with family in Kentucky and Tennessee to boot!
I had the pleasure of speaking on a panel at the Portada conference as an influencer, I attended the BlogHer conference in Orlando as well and spoke on air live with The Chat ladies regularly. All this while also weaning my toddler and getting her to sleep through the night! Oh and there was this giant hurricane named Matthew that drug it’s way through our sunny state leaving in it’s path so much destruction. We are grateful we made it out unscathed, however our house is still on the mend.
Thanks so much for celebrating with me these achievements both personal and professional. In this crazy world of story telling and creating, it’s increasingly harder and harder to compartmentalize some of the personal stuff. I enjoy the privilege of working from home and being there for my family, but I will say its challenging to accomplish a lot of this while having two children and not employing a nanny. Alas, we made it through the year and I’m so proud, looking back, at everything accomplished.
The Best Blogs of 2017
Honestly this was a tough one because Instagram has undergone so many changes this year with the algorithm. From the best that I can tell according to analytics on engagement and likes, these are the top posts from this year.
By the Numbers….
Here’s what 2017 looked like for Amy West Travel by the numbers:
- Blog Posts = 50 Blog Posts Including This One (This is actually 11 less than last year due to the extra travel and on camera work I did.)
- TV Appearances = 27 On Camera Appearances including The Chat, River City Live, and Wander TV (See all my on air segments on my Media page here.)
- Commercial Hosting/ Modeling/ Acting Work = 15 Jobs ranging from the runway to television commercials, and even one music video
- Freelance Work = 15 Jobs with names like USA Today 10Best, Where , Munchkin, Expedia, and First Coast Magazine
- Live Streams and Instagram Takeovers = 12 Live Streams ranging from Nevis Island to back stage with Cirque de Soleil’s Ovo production , 6 Instagram Takeovers including Image Skincare, The Golden Isles CVB, and Four Seasons Resort Nevis, and USA Today’s 10Best
- Brand Work with the Blog= I was thrilled to work with household names like Dramamine, Munchkin, TripAdvisor, and tons more this year
- Awards = Top Parental Blog, Travel Trolley UK Top Ten Luxury Bloggers
- Conferences = Attended BlogHer Orlando and Spoke on a panel at the Portada conference in Miami. I also spoke as a panelist at the annual media summit for the Florida Public Relations Association.
- Influencer/Brand Ambassador Work = 100+ brands I’ve worked with this year. So many I lost track. Most recently Le Tote, Ludus Martial Arts, Ideal of Sweden and more. Check out my Instagram for more of that work.
- Becoming a 10Best Storyteller- I now have the pleasure of being one of the few journalists live streaming and doing Instagram Stories takeovers with them
- Living Streaming with Four Seasons Resort Nevis
- Being a part of the final days of The Chat
- Surviving Hurricane Matthew in one piece
- Instagram Stories Changing the Game and increasing my ability to engage with all of you
- Growing my Instagram audience to over 10k this year
- Brand New Web Design for Amy West Travel
As you can see it’s been a huge year. It’s funny I was kind of thinking I didn’t do a ton until I started to unravel everything by the numbers. That’s why I love doing these recaps so much.
Looking Forward to 2018
Here’s a look a few things in the works for this coming year….
- Youtube Concepts In Development- I have a few things in development I can’t wait to bring you in 2018
- More Tutorials on Hair and Makeup per your request
- I’m excited to report we will be headed to Havana in Feb
- Look for Live Streaming to continue to grow as a part of my brand
- My work with brands is poised to increase
- Construction and repairs on our house from the hurricane
- Potty train a toddler… lol
- Hire Staff!!!! Something I really need to do this year
I can’t wait to share all my 2018 adventures with you, and experience some of yours as well. Please remember to stay in touch and say hi when you see me. It’s my favorite thing to meet you all in person.
Enjoy the Journey!
xo- Amy West Travel