1. The struggle of trying to return emails with an infant on your lap.
2. The dread that fills your soul when someone asks if you can hop on a phone call with them. (Cue screaming child in the background)
3. Getting dressed for an in person meeting and hating everything because it doesn’t fit like pajamas or active wear, but when you do find something that works and you get ready to go you feel friggen fabulous!
4. Your kids always know when you have a meeting or work event because this is the only time you ever do your hair or makeup. Oh and by the way, they need to back up with their fruit roll up sticky hands.
5. Your work space motto is “anywhere the kid isn’t”. This includes the bathroom.
7. Your work day has no strict boundaries. It’s more of a fluid object that bends and curves based on school pick up lines, and nap times.
9. When you tell people you are a work from home mom they look at you like you are from another planet. “So wait, you stay at home with your kid, and you work?” People immediately assume you either live in a pig sty, spend no time with your kids, or that your work isn’t real.
10. When people do realize how your life works they think you have the easiest job ever. When it comes down to it, it may not be the easiest but you certainly wouldn’t change it for the world. You love achieving your career goals, and being with your kids. It may be messy, but it’s spectacularly beautiful.
Can you relate? Give me a shout out in the comments below!
Enjoy the Journey!
xo- Amy West
Want to be featured on Amy West Travel? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org/old .
Copyright © Amy West Travel. All rights reserved. Photography by Journey Productions Media.