- Avoid patterns and stick to solid colors. Patterns will draw away from your faces.
- Make sure to feed kids (and Dad) before the shoot. This can dramatically effect attitude during the shoot.
- Consider kids bed times and try not too shoot so close to nap or bed time if possible.
- Nature will be nature. Consider having a rain date in mind in case of weather. Also, for beach locations, you may have to deal with a considerable amount of wind. We had a lot of wind for our shoot, and I hated it. It can ruin everything. So know the risk and plan accordingly. This is a good time to wear your hair up.
- Less is more. When choosing your accessories, don’t over style. Too many accessories make an image heavy and distracting. It may look good on a fashion post but not hanging on your walls.
- Don’t be afraid to get moving. We loved shooting families chasing their little ones and having fun together. For this shoot my husband wanted to dip me. How fun are these shots?
- Don’t be afraid to go on pinterest and pull your favorite poses and pictures. Your photographer will appreciate knowing what you are going for and what you like as far as style, lighting, and formatting.
- To save money shop Groupon for canvases, Christmas Cards, and photo books. I have found Canvas on Demand, Shutterfly, and Picaboo on Groupon and they are some of my preferred vendors.
Enjoy the Journey!
xo- Amy West
Guana Beach for the gorgeous background
|Those eyes though…|
|Almost had it. What are you doing Londy?|
Enjoying this content? I’d love it if you shared with your friends. The more you share, the more my little space grows.
Want to be featured on Amy West Travel? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Copyright © Amy West Travel. All rights reserved. Photography by Journey Productions Media.