Spring Travel Must Haves
Just in time for our next getaway, I happened upon this bright little number
by Katherine Way Collections. I love that this line is created right here in my home town of Jacksonville, and made in the USA. Katherine’s designs are crafted to make a statement, and are up for the task whatever it may be, whether you are headed to the golf course, or to dinner.
I love the playful prints Katherine uses in her designs. You can’t help but smile in the bright colors she selects.
I styled this classic silhouette
in my new favorite white denim jacket
. This jacket really polishes up any look and takes it from playful to poised. I also added my go-to sunnies
and panama hat
for further sun protection. In Florida, you learn early to protect your skin from the sun, otherwise you’ll pay for it later. That’s why Katherine’s Collection is 50+ SPF certified. You can feel confident you are doing your best to keep your skin safe.
Katherine’s philosophy fits so perfectly with my own when it comes to fashion
and travel. I’m happy to include her great advice on packing for your next trip.
Packing Tips from Katherine Way Collections
- Fabrics should travel as easily as you do. Follow these three rules for ensuring your outfits travel well. Fabrics should be 1) easy to care for, 2) wrinkle-resistant, 3) machine washable. “The last thing you want to do after a relaxing vacation is come home to a suitcase full of clothes that need special care,” says to Katherine Way.
- Spring is a season to welcome in the new so be sure to put away those earth tones and pack a selection of bright colors to add some pep to your step. Our spring collection was inspired by the colors of Key West and include bright and whimsical fabrics with foliage, flamingoes, elephants, waves and other great ocean-inspired prints.
- Think mix and match when packing to save space and make daily dressing easier. Include a solid top that coordinates with at least two separate bottoms, like our skorts, shorts and pants. Stay within the same color family so your shoes and accessories will coordinate. Start with our blue tones that pair with so many fun fabrics.
- Remember to breathe – or at least wear clothing that breathes. “I travel to the Florida Keys often and it can get rather humid in the spring. It’s important to have moisture-wicking fabrics so you can stay cool and refreshed without having to take up valuable vacation time running back to the hotel to freshen up,” says Way.
- Stay protected from the sun. Chances are, you’ll want to be outside in the beautiful spring weather so sunscreen is an essential. Believe it or not, you can still get sun through lightweight fabrics. Katherine Way Collections is UPF 50+ certified so you’re always protected.
I’m gearing up for my travel season beginning next month. I look forward to utilizing some of this great advice. What are your favorite packing hacks and tips? I’d love to hear them in the comments below.
Enjoy the Journey!
xo- Amy West
Want to be featured on Amy West Travel? Contact us today at email@example.com/old .
Copyright © Amy West Travel. All rights reserved. Photography by Journey Productions Media.